HLPOA Board Meeting Minutes… by Rhea Cammenga
Cecil’s BBQ on South Orange Ave.
September 21, 2016
Call to Order: 7:18 pm
Board Members in Attendance: Diana Robbins, Bill Allen, Rick Richbourg, Rick Fender, Larry Jones, Rhea Cammenga
Board Members Absent: Kevin Souder, Tasha Golis, Elaine Pennington, Ed Carr, Ron Strickler, Brenda Worden
Guests Present: Jeannie Richbourg, Rick & Melinda Gessner, Gary Davis, Michael Holder, Lionel Robbins, Donny Cammenga
- High water level – Sending out newsletter requesting that wakeboarders, boats, PWC be aware of lake level. Reports of PWC’s getting too close to dock. If boaters continue to disregard, last resort would be to declare the entire lake a ‘No Wake Zone’ while the water is still high
- Lake Conway residents organized a letter to send to the WSIA (Water Sports Industry Association) requesting their support in educating boaters (especially those using wakeboarding boats) that the best performance comes from staying in the deeper parts of the lake.
- Rick Richbourg: Motion for the POA and the LHWAB to send a letter to the WSIA
Water Advisory Report by Lionel Robbins:
- Orange County is treating hydrilla areas and pond weed. Note to add 306-310 Richard Place area to treatment request
- The next WAB meeting date TBD due to the OC Rep being unable to attend regular schedule
- LakeWatch Volunteer Larry Jones will be training a new Volunteer – Rhea Cammenga
- WAB discussed cost info for herbicide product/application for weed control
Treasurer’s Report by Bill Allen:
- Updated financials provided.
- Membership is at 88, usually 90 households. Membership lists distributed to try to encourage those not yet paid
- Discussion about the Air B&B property (aka Lake Holden Gardens); concern that un-permitted work is continuing (ie: dock/electrical)
- Annual Membership BBQ is scheduled for October 22, 2016
Motion to adjourn