10 Things You Need To Do To Get Ready For Summer
Summer is fast approaching! Get ready for the fun-filled days of summer so you don’t miss out on all the excitement and opportunities summer offers. Here are a 10 tips to get you started for a fabulous summer!
1. Plan a vacation. It doesn’t have to be a long or extravagant vacation (but it can be). Or plan a Stay-Vacation. Mark your calendar now for a few days of relaxing and time to enjoy the sunshine.
2. Get moving! Time to start exercising and getting back into shape. Summer is the season to be fit and active. Start right now.
3. Stock up on sunscreen. Hopefully, you will be out in the sun and soaking in a lot of vitamin D this summer. Keep your skin protected with lots of sunscreen. Don’t forget to apply throughout the day.
4. Clean out your closet. Rotate out all your “winter” clothes and put them away. Give away or throw out any old or unused clothing.
5. Sign up for summer events and activities. The kids will be out of school soon. Don’t let them veg out in front of the TV for the whole summer. Plan some activities at home. Get supplies for crafts, games, and even new outdoor equipment. Registrations are going on right now for summer camps, summer school, & special events. Don’t wait to the last minute and risk sign ups being closed or full.
6. Clean up the grill. Keep the kitchen cool by using the grill! Get your grill cleaned up and ready for the delicious smokey food you can serve all summer long.
7. Check the water toys. You don’t want to miss out on the lake activities because your boat doesn’t run. Also check the wave runner, paddle-boards, live vests, kayaks, rafts or whatever you use. Don’t forget to check your gas cans.
8. Plan & prepare for a garden. Don’t wait until it is too hot to plant your garden. Plan right now which veggies and flowers you want and where you will plant them.
9. Make a list of books to read. Spend time reading outside with a great book this summer. Make a summer reading list for both you and the kids.
10. Mark your calendar for Family events, BBQs, and friendly get-togethers. Summer is the perfect time to get together with family and friends. The outdoors offers plenty of space for a large party of fun, food, and family. Coordinate dates now with your loved ones.
What are you doing to get ready for summer?