HLPOA Board Meeting Minutes… by Tasha Golis
Cecil’s BBQ on South Orange Ave.
November 16, 2016
Board Members in Attendance: Diana Robbins, Tasha Golis, Bill Allen, Rick Richbourg, Rick Fender, Larry Jones, Ed Carr, Brenda Worden, and Rhea Cammenga.
Board Member Absent: Kevin Souder, Elaine Pennington, and Ron Strickler.
Introduction of Guests: Jeannie Richbourg, Editor of LHPOA newsletter; Jeff & Karen Perdue, Dana and Andre Kruetzfeldt, Donnie Cammenga, and Michael Holder.
Diana Robbins introduced the guests and turned over the floor to Rick Richbourg with the WAB update.
- There will be no December WAB meeting.
- There are two vacancies on the WAB: applicant must reside in Orange County NOT the City of Orlando, needs knowledge of our lake’s history, and apply online. See Rick.
- Harvey Harper’s lake report is available at lakeholden.org
- Report states that Lake Holden is on par with the “pristine lakes of the Butler Chain”.
- 90 New stormwater drains with a 15 year lifespan are being installed.
- The South Island has been re vegetated with grasses. Coconut fiber has been installed on the new grading to prevent erosion. Do NOT remove.
- Hydrilla and American lotus (very invasive) are being treated. Illinois pond weed is a desirable and will not be treated. Orange County lakes are currently experiencing a algea bloom.
Treasure’s Report: 89 paid memberships. Only 1 paid guest to the Annual Membership BBQ.
- Christmas Boat Parade is Dec 17. Boats gather at sunset in front of Lionel &Dianna’s home. Social to follow Parade.
- Bill & Jan Allen are moving from the lake. Karen Perdue has expressed an interest in replace Bill as Treasurer. Rick Richbourg nominated Karen, was seconded and motion passed.
- Annual Meeting will be held Jan 18. Cypress Cove is unavailable. Location TBA.
- Ron Strickler resigned from the Board.
Adjournment: 7:38 pm